Whether you are in the first month, first year, or just rolling the idea around in your head of starting a photography business, there are some vital elements that could determine the success or failure of your business! Purchase this 4-part SELF-STUDY workshop book created by Accounting for Photographer’s Shannan Painter, and ensure that you are starting off on the right foot!
Here’s what the Business 101: Setting Up Shop Workshop covers:
– Creating a simple Business Plan
– Establishing an Identity for your business
– Business Entities- What is best for you?
*Assignments at the end of each session will walk you through the specific steps, so each task can be checked off your list!
– Local compliance
– Federal Compliance
– Registering your Assumed Business Name
– Opening a business bank account
*Each lesson also includes links to the sites for registration, so you don’t have to do so much research!
– Learn about how accounting can be FUN & VITAL to understanding your business!
– IRS bookkeeping requirements
– Financial organization
– What kind of software to use
– Receipt keeping requirements
– deductible business expenses
– Special treatment deductions such as:
– business use of home
– depreciation on large purchases
– meals & entertainment
Also included in this workshop will be Accounting for Photographer’s SNAPSHOT Financial Organization Tool (a $45 value!). Don’t just cross your fingers & hope your business is successful! Take the time to learn and plan – you’ll be so glad you did!
Even if you have been in business for some time, we can promise that you will learn something new & useful!
This “Self-Study” workshop will be regularly priced at only $89, but for this special release, you may use the code ‘A4P20‘ to take 20% off your purchase.
This limited time offer will expire at Midnight (CST) on August 1, 2011.
And to kick off the release, we are also offering, ONE lucky RTS reader the chance to WIN their very own copy of Business 101: Setting Up Shop!
Here’s How Enter. Please leave ONE comment for each item you complete. You have up to SEVEN chances to win:
1. Follow Rock the Shot on Facebook.
Extra Entries (Optional): Please leave additional comments on the blog for each of the following items you complete.
2. Follow Accounting for Photographers on Facebook and if you are so inclined, let them know Rock the Shot sent you.
3. Become a member of Rock the Shot Photography Forum
4. Follow @rocktheshot on Twitter
5. Join Rock The Shot Mailing List
6. Share about this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter. Type the following: “Go check out @Rock The Shot at www.rocktheshotforum.com to enter to win a copy of the Business 101: Setting up Shop Workshop book”.
7. If you LOVE Rock the Shot – Click the Google +1 at the bottom of this post to let everyone know!
There you have it! 7 chances to win this FABULOUS Giveaway from Rock the Shot and Accounting for Photographers!
Hurry! Giveaway ends Sunday at midnight CST. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011.
LEGAL STUFF: This promotion is in NO WAY sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You will NOT be notified publicly via Facebook if you are a winner. You MUST be 18 to participate. By entering this giveaway, you are providing information to Rock the Shot and NOT to Facebook. Prizes do not have cash value. There will be no returns/exchanges on any of the items.
Congratulations to the winner Jaime Williams for winning a copy of “Setting Up Shop” from Rock The Shot. Jaime, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org in the next 48 hours to claim your prize. Thank you all for participating and making this giveaway so much fun!