Please welcome Stickyalbums.com to the Rock the Shot Blog today! Take a moment to learn more about Stickyalbums.com and the really cool products they offer for photographers. PLUS … be sure to enter the GIVEAWAY for a chance to win one of TWO One-Year Professional Memberships to Stickyalbums.com.
About Sticky Albums
Founded by professional photographer Nathan Grahek, Stickyalbums.com provides a super simple way to create custom digital photo albums for each of your clients. Go to http://stickyalbums.com/demo/ (on your mobile) to see an example.
As the popularity of mobile devices has continued to explode, I knew I had to find a way to tap into the buzz – or risk getting left behind.
The really exciting trend with smart phones (and especially with iPads), is how much people go out of their way to SHARE them. We jump at the chance to share our pictures, new apps, or even to give directions to a stranger. While technology has changed how we interact with each other and the way you market your small business, one thing will always remain constant: Word-of-mouth is king.
With the background noise of constant advertising from every angle, word-of-mouth recommendations are increasingly the most important factor in our purchasing decisions. Ask yourself: What percentage of your new business comes through referral?
To promote my own photography business, I was giving my high school senior models custom business cards to help them spread the word. These worked alright, but they weren’t cheap. And my clients would often run out of the cards… or even lose them.
I knew that with the right tools my clients could be my best advertisers. So, after a lot of research and hard work, I started creating custom mobile apps for each of my customers. They were an instant hit! Not only did they love to show them off in person, they would then use the share button at the bottom of the app to email their album to friends’ phones – and their friends could then email me directly from their phone by tapping the contact button.
How others are using them:
As I began offering stickyalbums to other photographers, I really enjoyed hearing about the new and creative ways they were using stickyalbums to grow their business. Here are a couple of the most popular comments:
- Promotional: Create a free sample stickyalbum for each of your clients. The sample gives them something to take with them wherever they go – to show off and promote your work. You can even include advertisements right in the app. (e.g. communicate printing specials, or advertise deals on senior model sessions.)
- Increase revenue per client: A custom stickyalbum makes a strong impression, and you can charge a premium price selling them ala carte, or bundling them with your premium print packages.
- Portfolios: This is a no brainer – especially if you have an iPad. First impressions last forever, and, nothing compares to showing a potential client your best work right from your iPad. Then the best part is that you can email your prospects the link, and they can save your portfolio onto their device. Each stickyalbum is so easy to make that you can have one for each of your target markets. (e.g.; one for Family, Children, High School Seniors, Pets, etc.).
- Posing Guides: Are you an experienced pro looking to add another source of revenue? Create and deliver your own posing or style guides with your own custom branded stickyalbum. Email email@example.com to learn more.
What others are saying:
“Mobile extends word of mouth, as people show their family and friends photos from their phones. It’s an essential marketing strategy. Sticky Albums makes it easy.”
Photography marketing expert – Zach Prez
“Sticky Albums is the new “on-the-go” digital album in an app! It’s a great new, innovative way for your clients to share their photos with friends and family straight from their iPhone. I absolutely LOVE the little icon that shows up right on my phone. Anyone your clients share the album with will be able to click a link within the app taking them straight to your website. Let your clients take word-of-mouth marketing right in the palm of their hands.”
Award Winning Photographer – Robin Long
About Nathan: I am founder of stickyalbums.com and also a photographer based in Saint Paul, MN. Ever since I was a kid I’ have had a passion for technology and photography. In the last year I also took up flying radio controlled planes – and of course putting video cameras on them. At the end of the day, I love spending time with my wife and two year old daughter. Nothing quite compares to the greeting I get each day when she runs giggling into my arms to say hello. (It’s cool when my wife does that too. )
Here’s How Enter the Giveaway for a chance to win one of TWO One-Year Professional Memberships to Stickyalbums.com ($99 Value each). Please leave ONE comment for each item you complete. You have up to SEVEN chances to win:
1. Follow Rock the Shot on Facebook.
Extra Entries (Optional): Please leave additional comments on the blog for each of the following items you complete.
2. Follow Stickyalbums.com on Twitter and, let them know Rock the Shot sent you.
3. Share about this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter. Type the following: “Go check out @rocktheshot at www.rocktheshotforum.com & enter to win a one of TWO One-Year Memberships to Stickyalbums.com”.
4. Follow Rock The Shot on Twitter
5. Follow Rock the Shot on Pinterest
6. Become a member of Rock the Shot Photography Forum
7. Post this giveaway to StumbleUpon using the button at the bottom of this post!
There you have it! 7 chances to win this FABULOUS Giveaway from Rock the Shot and Stickyallbums.com!
Hurry! Giveaway ends Tuesday, January 3rd at 11:59pm CST. Winner will be announced on Friday, January 6th, 2012.
LEGAL STUFF: This promotion is in NO WAY sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You will NOT be notified publicly via Facebook if you are a winner. You MUST be 18 to participate. By entering this giveaway, you are providing information to Rock the Shot and NOT to Facebook. Prizes do not have cash value. There will be no returns/exchanges on any of the items.
Congratulations to Andrea Brown and Heidi Campbell on each winning a One-Year Membership to Stickyalbums.com. Andrea and Heidi, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org in the next 48 hours to claim your prize. Thank you all for participating and have a wonderful weekend!