This month we are celebrating the beautiful textures and minute details of Macro photography! For this months challenge, we want you get creative by getting close… then getting even CLOSER to capture that perfect Macro shot! If you don’t own a Macro Lens, don’t worry, check out this tutorial on how you can turn your 50mm lens into a macro lens. Everyone is invited to participate!
Special thanks to our very generous sponsors for the FABULOUS prizes for this months challenge!
Here are the prizes you can win:
1st Place PRIZE: Brenna Gentry Online Photoshop Mentoring ($300 Value)
Brenna Gentry has an Online Photoshop Class that is not a ‘Here’s how to use photoshop’ class, but a ‘Here’s how she uses photoshop & my thought process behind every step she makes while creating beautiful edits’ class. She shares with you HER personal workflow that she uses on every single image she edits & more importantly she shares the questions you need to ask yourself while editing to get the results you desire.
I remember the feeling of staring at my screen not knowing where to start, what to do, how to do it & the frustration of not being able to get my images to look like I wanted. This class will push you past all of that & take your images to the next level. Upon completion of the class you will feel confident, motivated, excited & inspired. Why wouldn’t you want to give that to yourself? – Brenna
Brenna has also generously offered an exclusive limited discount code to save $35 off an Online Photoshop Class: use code ROCK35 (there are only 15 codes available).
2nd Place PRIZE: $100 Gift Certificate to LUA Handbags
As a professional photographer and busy mom of a toddler and a baby there are a lot of “things” in my handbag, including my camera. That is why I designed these wonderful/useful/multi-use handbags. Whether you’re a professional photographer, or a mom who loves to take photos of your kids and need a large bag to carry it all, our gorgeous handbags will allow you to bring your camera along, everywhere you go! LUA Bags are handmade in Fort Lauderdale, Fl.
3rd Place PRIZE: 16×20 Gallery Wrapped Canvas from Canvas on Demand
Here are the details for entering your submission:
1. Create a post on your blog and include ONE photo submission for the challenge. If you like, include some fun facts about the photo, and any tips or tricks you might like to share about how you captured and/or processed your image. For this month submission, you must submit a macro (close-up) shot.
2. Include the Rock the Shot Button and type the link www.rocktheshotforum.com in your post. DO NOT include http://
3. You can also link your submission from public Facebook pages, Flickr, Pinterest, etc. Just be sure to include the link www.rocktheshotforum.com within your post. If you are having trouble with this method, check out our step-by-step video tutorial HERE
4. Submit the link to your post using the InLinkz button below. You must submit the actual post link (permalink), not just your website URL. NOTE: do not include http:// in your link
5. You may submit your photo at any time during the challenge – the deadline for this month’s submission is Friday, August 31st, 2012 at 11:59pm (CST).
6. The winners will be announced on Thursday, September 6th.
LEGAL STUFF: This promotion is in NO WAY sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Canvas on Demand. You will NOT be notified publicly via Facebook if you are a winner. You MUST be 18 to participate. By entering this giveaway, you are providing information to Rock the Shot and NOT to Facebook. Prizes do not have cash value. There will be no returns/exchanges on any of the items.
By submitting your photo, you grant Rock the Shot permission to re-post your photo on our blog and/or Facebook page.