October is the perfect time to get out and capture all the glorious colors of Fall!! This month, get creative, think outside the box and enter your favorite image of “SOMETHING ORANGE”. Your submission this month must have something orange in the shot, there are no other requirements. Everyone is invited to participate.
Special thanks to our very generous sponsors for the AMAZING prizes for this months challenge!
Here are the prizes you can win:
1st Place PRIZE: Obrien Schridde Designs Collage of Frames ($390 Value)
A visit to the Obrien Schridde Designs cottage reveals just how much work goes into creating their much loved frames. Made to look deliberately weathered and worn, these frames have a simple yet elegant and romantic flare to them. Buckets of paint, design sketches, and cutting tools are everywhere. The Schriddes have designed over 12 different frame collections available in over 17 warm and flirty colors.These beautiful frames are available in round, oval, rectangular and square designs.
2nd Place PRIZE: Obrien Schridde Designs Collage of Frames ($174 Value)
Filled with colorful images of contemporary life as well as black and white portraits of ancestors, Obrien Schridde Designs frames blend easily with any living space, whether displayed in cabinets, propped on ledges, or hung on the wall. Even empty they are objects of beauty, designed to endure and delight future generations.
Enjoy a special discount at O’Brien Schridde Designs exclusively for Rock the Shot readers:
For orders over $250.00 receive 15% off using code “0015“, or for orders under $250.00 receive 10% off using code “0010“. Hurry, this limited time offer will expire on October 21st, at 11:59pm CST.
3rd Place PRIZE: Sarah Gardner Textures set of French Market Papers, Vintage Frames, Storyboard Tags and the NEW Waxworks Textures. (The total value is $130)
Sarah Gardner is a professional portrait and wedding photographer loves to get creative with textures, presentation and whimsical design. This summer photography publishers Focal Press published Sarah’s first book ART BEYOND THE LENS. The book gives a valuable insight into Sarah’s photographic approach, techniques and of course how to create and process successfully with digital textures. For more information and how to advice and demos please pop over to Sarah Gardner Textures.
Here are the details for entering your submission:
1. Create a post on your blog and include ONE photo submission for the challenge. If you like, include some fun facts about the photo, and any tips or tricks you might like to share about how you captured and/or processed your image. For this month submission, you must submit a shot of “Something Orange”.
2. Include the Rock the Shot Button and type the link www.rocktheshotforum.com in your post. DO NOT include http://
3. You can also link your submission from public Facebook pages, Flickr, Pinterest, etc. Just be sure to include the link www.rocktheshotforum.com within your post. If you are having trouble with this method, check out our step-by-step video tutorial HERE
4. Submit the link to your post using the InLinkz button below. You must submit the actual post link (permalink), not just your website URL. NOTE: do not include http:// in your link
5. You may submit your photo at any time during the challenge – the deadline for this month’s submission is Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 at 11:59pm (CST).
6. The winners will be announced on Friday, November 2nd.
LEGAL STUFF: This promotion is in NO WAY sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Canvas on Demand. You will NOT be notified publicly via Facebook if you are a winner. You MUST be 18 to participate. By entering this giveaway, you are providing information to Rock the Shot and NOT to Facebook. Prizes do not have cash value. There will be no returns/exchanges on any of the items.
By submitting your photo, you grant Rock the Shot permission to re-post your photo on our blog and/or Facebook page.